About ESO Trials Network Committee
The aim of the Trials Network Committee is to facilitate academic clinical stroke research in Europe.
This website contains the following resources for investigators:
- Database of ongoing stroke research: A repository of > 100 ongoing clinical stroke studies running in two or more European countries, including information about the coordinating investigators behind these trials. Download here.
- List of other databases of ongoing research: Overview of i) stroke-specific registries and ii) general registries.
- Information about regulatory systems: Overview of competent authorities and research ethics committees in Europe, with links to the legislation for clinical trials in the different countries. Click here.
- Information about insurance arrangements: Overview of insurance arrangements for multi-national clinical trials. Click here.
- List of courses and other resources: Overview of some relevant courses and other resources. Click here.
ESO Trial Committee’s workshops (Agenda & Documents):
2014 – “What are the regulatory barriers to multi-national stroke studies in Europe, and how can they be overcome?” (Nice, 6 May 2014)
2015 – “Methods to improve recruitment and retention in stroke trials” (Glasgow, 16 April 2015)
2016 – “Increasing value and reducing waste in clinical stroke research” (Barcelona, 9 May 2016)
2017 – “Is there a need, and are there opportunities?" and "What can be role of a European alliance?" (Prague, 15 May 2017)
2018 – “Building a European Research "Network of Networks" - the ESO Trials Alliance" (Gothenburg, 15 May 2018)
2019 – “The ESO Trials Allance - Closer Collaboration on Stroke Trials in Europe" (Milan, 21 May 2019)
All files can be viewed and downloaded here.
Other European networks and GAINS:
HRB Stroke Clinical Trials Network Ireland: http://www.hrb-sctni.ie
UK Stroke Clinical research network: http://www.nihr.ac.uk/nihr-in-your-area/stroke/
Netherland CONTRAST network https://www.contrast-consortium.nl/
Scottish Stroke Research Network https://www.nhsresearchscotland.org.uk
Spanish Neurological Society http://www.sen.es
Swiss Stroke Network
European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network http://www.ecrin.org