About ESO Trials Network Committee
The aim of the Trials Network Committee is to facilitate academic clinical stroke research in Europe.
This website contains the following resources for investigators:
- Database of ongoing stroke research: A repository of > 100 ongoing clinical stroke studies running in two or more European countries, including information about the coordinating investigators behind these trials. Download here.
- List of other databases of ongoing research: Overview of i) stroke-specific registries and ii) general registries.
- Information about regulatory systems: Overview of competent authorities and research ethics committees in Europe, with links to the legislation for clinical trials in the different countries. Click here.
- Information about insurance arrangements: Overview of insurance arrangements for multi-national clinical trials. Click here.
- List of courses and other resources: Overview of some relevant courses and other resources. Click here.
ESO Trial Committee’s workshops (Agenda & Documents):
2014 – “What are the regulatory barriers to multi-national stroke studies in Europe, and how can they be overcome?” (Nice, 6 May 2014)
2015 – “Methods to improve recruitment and retention in stroke trials” (Glasgow, 16 April 2015)
2016 – “Increasing value and reducing waste in clinical stroke research” (Barcelona, 9 May 2016)
2017 – “Is there a need, and are there opportunities?" and "What can be role of a European alliance?" (Prague, 15 May 2017)
2018 – “Building a European Research "Network of Networks" - the ESO Trials Alliance" (Gothenburg, 15 May 2018)
2019 – “The ESO Trials Allance - Closer Collaboration on Stroke Trials in Europe" (Milan, 21 May 2019)
All files can be viewed and downloaded here.
Publications authored by or relevant to the ESO Trials Alliance can be viewed and downloaded here.
Ongoing Stroke Randomised Trials in Europe
Other European networks and GAINS:
HRB Stroke Clinical Trials Network Ireland: http://www.hrb-sctni.ie
UK Stroke Clinical research network: http://www.nihr.ac.uk/nihr-in-your-area/stroke/
Netherland CONTRAST network https://www.contrast-consortium.nl/
Scottish Stroke Research Network https://www.nhsresearchscotland.org.uk
Spanish Neurological Society http://www.sen.es
Swiss Stroke Network https://www.neurovasc.ch
European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network http://www.ecrin.org